- March 3 is World Hearing Day: Hearing Care for All - March 1, 2021
- Advantages of Rechargeable Hearing Aids - February 10, 2021
- Celebrate World Alzheimer’s Month with a Hearing Test! - September 13, 2020
Shopping for new hearing aids should be fun! You have lots of styles to choose from, and great programs to consider. Whether you’re looking for your first pair of hearing aids, or you’ve had hearing aids for a few years, we want you to enjoy looking for new hearing aids. Here are some of the best tips for selecting hearing aids.
Bring a Friend
We recommend shopping with a friend. Ask a family member or friend to come with you when selecting hearing aids. Looking for hearing aids is more fun with a friend, and a loved one can give you a valuable second opinion. Not only will your friend give you a great option, they’ll also help you hear and remember more of what’s being said. They can ask more questions, and help you understand all your options. Your friend can even take notes on the different hearing aid options to remind you of the pros and cons of each device.
Think About What You Need
Making decisions is always easier if you know what you want. Think about your priorities, and what you need from your hearing aids. Do you spend most of your time at home or are you very active? Do you struggle to hear on the phone, or do you have the most trouble in social situations? When you know what you need, we can help you find devices with the right programs and settings for your hearing needs.
Discuss Extra Features
After you know what you need from your hearing aids, you can think about extra features. Most hearing aids have programs designed to reduce background noise, and help you focus on speech sounds. You can also find devices with additional features such as:
- Connectivity features – You can get hearing aids that will wirelessly connect to your smartphone for effortless streaming. You’ll be able to control your devices from a smartphone app, and stream phone calls, music, or other audio right to your hearing aids.
- Telecoils – If you’re concerned about hearing in auditoriums or at your church, you can get a hearing aid with a telecoil. This lets your hearing aids wirelessly connect to the loop system of the auditorium so you’ll hear the PA system right in your ears.
- Rechargeable batteries – If you’re tired of fiddling with small hearing aid batteries, you can get hearing aids with rechargeable batteries. All you’ll need to do is set the hearing aids on the charger overnight, and you’ll enjoy powerful hearing aids without disposable batteries.
Get a Hearing Test
Have you noticed any changes to your hearing health? Before selecting new hearing aids, make sure your hearing test is up to date. Getting a hearing test will show you exactly what sounds you’re missing, and we’ll be able to calibrate your new hearing aids to help you hear clearly. A current hearing test will also help you choose a hearing aid that’s powerful enough to run all the programs you need to enjoy effortless hearing.
Try Out the Hearing Aids
It’s important to try out the hearing aids before you buy them. Ask for a demonstration of all the programs and features of the device to experience the hearing aids firsthand. You can learn how the hearing aids work, and see what they can do for you. You may be able to take the hearing aids on a test drive in the office, and try out the hearing aids for yourself. This can give you a better understanding of how the hearing aids help you hear, and how they’ll perform in different listening environments. Some hearing aids even offer a free trial period! You may be able to take a pair of hearing aids home for a few days to see how they work in your daily life.
Trust Us for Your Hearing Health Needs
Selecting hearing aids is easy with a provider you trust. We take the time to find out what you need in a pair of hearing aids and give you some great options. We’ll show you the best devices that meet your hearing needs and your budget, so you’ll have all the information you need to make the right decision. Contact us today to learn more!